Tuesday 14 January 2014

Print Statement

For the 'dispersion' and 'accumulation' project i decided to look at natural patterns and things which re created naturally that make interesting marks. While looking for something to base my work on, i noticed how interesting the grains of wood were at the table i was sitting on. I sketched the shape of the lines and thought about what else i could look at to show these kinda of lines and patterns.
I then looked at tree stumps and tree roots as i found that each different tree has its on maze of shapes and lines, which inspired me to do these separate pieces.
I think that its interesting to show the things that we don't really appreciate or think about a lot because we see it so often but these lines and marks appear after years and years of growth just like in a person where scars and wrinkles appear in the skin.
I chose to use black and white as i think that this makes the negative space make the lines more prominent as this was my main focus in the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment