Friday 7 March 2014

Term 2 Self-Directed Project

IDEA'S AND THEME'S 
  • Human Features
  • Current issues
  • Portraits
  • Vanity
  • Emotions
  • Dreams
While considering what i wanted my project to be about, I thought about things which were specifically personal to me, things which interested and inspired me and things which i could explore in multiple directions. 
One of the main things i wanted to explore in an aesthetic sense is portraiture. I personally enjoy exploring the features of the human face, especially through emotion and individual kinks and imperfections. 
This had led me to have the desire to go deeper into the idea of suppressed emotions and the subconscious.
This interest was initially sparked while studying the concept behind one of my favourite artists, Brett Manning. 
"Typically my work is derived from my own day dreams and night dreams"
"Mere glimpses into my head, untampered, abstaining from outside influences"
Another thing which intrigues me is the work of Sigmund Freud in his theories and the 'Interpretation of dreams.'
"Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy."
"The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment