Thursday 1 May 2014

Self-Directed Project Development






The above are all experimental pieces from my self directed project sketchbook. I began looking into the subconscious and the way the mind reacts to our emotional environment. I liked the use of the watercolour to reflect the dreamy state of mind but i felt that the use of material wasn't very successful. 
I wanted to use a different style which was expressive and bold. After i looked at the Emotionally Vague survey i found that the dripping paint style looked well to copy the scribbled marks on the paper. I think that using my chosen topic of rage/anger/frustration the black paint created the right marks depending on how they were applied to convey the emotion i wanted to explore. 
I also liked the way which Johan Van Mullem uses spiralling patterns to create his work, i think that the way the paint drips onto the page has the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment