Sunday 29 December 2013

Sculpture 'two words' project

The aim of this project is to select two words from a variety of choices and create a sculpture based from your choice of words. I find the concept of this very intriguing and inspirational as you could potentially create anything of different textures and sizes. A few words that stood out to me were 'loose' 'hollow' 'extensive' 'close' and 'intimate.' I considered the outcomes to be something that would spread out or start from a point that could be extended. I considered what materials I could use for the types of words I was looking at and thought that maybe the best media would be plaster or string or wire as this can be manipulated and twisted. For starting points and for a way to test out my ideas, I'd like to use plasticine to play around with extensive positions and to see how I can manipulate the shape into something that bends and twists to test how this would work with other materials.
Out of all the words we were given, i was most drawn to 'intimate' and 'extensive.' The words create an image in my head of something that was close together but also continuos or growing. 
Pictures found using google

I started to look at different shapes and styles to find a way to show something which would show something which both extended into something bigger/taller and also something that was close or tight. 
I want to create something which represents intimacy but also continuous or growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment